I was recently sent information about an opportunity doing contract for a company in Pittsburgh’s South Side Works. If the information below is interesting to you, send a copy of your resume over to Mary at the email address above; she can give you more information and put you in touch with the company.
Note: The company treats years in college toward work experience, so don’t let that requirement scare you off!
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer/product requirements into finished solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform technical planning by analyzing the costs and risks of a project’s system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and maintenance
- Be able to work creatively and ambitiously in an independent endeavor, and also work in a mentoring role while on development teams by regularly documenting, teaching, and sharing your technical and professional experience with teammates
- Guide projects through their development cycle, including: concept, design, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and support
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Lead the creation of brief technical proposals and contribute to larger, team-authored proposals
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- Solid object oriented programming and software design skills.
- Web Services knowledge (HTML, CSS, JakvaScript, jQuery, XML and related AJAX technologies).
- Experience with version control system
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in software or computer engineering, computer science or a related technical field, or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen.
- No Clearance Required.
Other beneficial experience:
- Concurrent programming and building multi-threaded systems
- Memory and CPU profiling
- Data modeling and writing efficient Structured Query Language (SQL) statements
- Experience building large-scale mission-critical applications.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Mobile development
- Direct-manipulation user interfaces
- Information visualization
- HCI coursework